Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Holy Sausage!!

Last night on the Food Network, our great lifelong friends had a segment on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives! It was so fun to see them on TV talking all about their Kramarczuk family sausage and cafeteria/deli business up in Minneapolis. They had lots of face time and Nick even showed Guy Fieri how they make all their yummy sausage. Watching them made me want to open my own deli! However, I think I'll leave that up to the Kramarczuks! Instead, I'll leave you with a recipe that I tried last week and is now a Davis family favorite.

If yall want to view the episode again it comes on today at 1Pm and then again on Sept 10 9PM. (Yall did an amazing job and I can't wait to see yall this weekend!)

Spinach-Black Bean Lasagna

2 eggs, lightly beaten
15oz carton ricotta cheese
10oz package frozen spinach, thawed and well-drained
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/2 tsp salt
4 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
2 (16oz) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
2 (10oz) jar of pasta sauce
1/2 tsp cumin
9 lasagna cooked noodles

Stir together first 5 ingredients and 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese; set aside
Mash beans in large bowl, stir in pasta sauce and cumin
Spread 1/3 of bean mixture on bottom of lightly greases 9x13 baking dish
Layer 3 noodles, half of spinach mixture, and 1 cup Monterey cheese, repeat layers
Spread 1/3 bean mixture; top with remaining 3 noodles and remaining bean mixture.
Bake, covered at 350 for 1 hour
Uncover and top with remaining Monterey Jack cheese; bake 5 minutes until cheese melts




4 comments:

  1. Hey Becca!! Love reading about all your adventures. Sounds like you guys are having fun! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jama!!!! I love reading all about your stories which you always make so funny as well! I would love to get a reunion together this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That lasagna is ridiculously good. I heartily endorse it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, thanks Rebecca! :) Nick enjoyed your post - he said it came up when he googled Kramarczuk's! We can't wait to see you guys this weekend. On another note, that lasagna does look delicious. I'm craving it!

    ReplyDelete