Thursday, November 4, 2010

Apple Cranberry Crisp

Remember when Hubs and I went apple picking/ Well, we are still overflowing with apples! We've been so busy that I haven't had time to bake anything (or been in town long enough to eat that something.) Even though Hubs is yet again out of town again this whole week, I managed to make something with those apples. Last night was the first night of our new girl's Bible study. Its with some of the girls that I've met since moving up here. I'm so excited to see what its going to look like and grow into. However, back to the apples. I was looking up anything and everything that would use up lots of apples and I found it! None other than on the Whole Foods iphone app. Ha Well, it was simple and I already ad all the ingredients which made it the winner. I think it is tart enough and light enough to be eaten for breakfast but if you want it for dessert then I would suggest adding some ice cream to sweeten it up a bit. Here's the recipe...

Ingredients:
3-4 large red apples (peeled and chopped)
1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
1/2 cup apple juice
1 1/2 tsp all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (although I think you can make your own version if you don't have any on hand - obviously this is what I did since I was too lazy to run to the store)
2 cups granola (I used pumpkin granola)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350. Combine apples and cranberries in a 8 or 9 inch square baking dish.
In small bowl whisk together apple juice, flour and pumpkin spice. Pour over fruit. Sprinkle the granola evenly over the top and lightly press down. Bake until bubbly and hot - 40-45 minutes. Enjoy!





4 comments:

  1. Yum! That looks delicious! It especially sounds like a great fall dessert with the cranberries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought some honey crisp apples and will try this. Great recipe find. Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good. Man, note to self - I need to cook more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum yum yum! Any kind of fruit "crisp" just seems like the perfect fit for fall weather :)

    ReplyDelete