Friday, January 29, 2010

Swimming Seas

After a very productive jewelry making day, I decided to cook a nice healthy dinner for hubs and me. I decided on Sea Scallops, salad and bread. I must tell you that there is a story behind the scallops. The first big fight hubby and I had was over scallops. Therefore, I have not even attempted to make these in the past 3 years. What happened you ask? Well, while hubby and I were still in the dating stages I tried to show my domestic kitchen skills through a fancy scallop dinner to prove I was marriage material. (Notice I said "tried.") I got to his place before he was home from work so I could get the stuff ready. However, once hubs got home he began to tell me all that I was doing wrong and said "well, that's not how my aunt and mom do it." This led to me storming out of the kitchen and letting him finish the cooking. Okay so yes, it's funny looking back on it and we even now joke about it. (carefully) But my domestic ego took a hit. However, after 3 years I can happily say that we are able to cook scallops again!! Hooray! Which means I can now safely share the yummy recipe with you... I'll keep working on my domestic skills but please share your tips on other scallops recipes!

From the kitchen of :Ina Garten

Ingredients

Directions

If you're using bay scallops, keep them whole. If you're using sea scallops, cut each one in 1/2 horizontally. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, toss with flour, and shake off the excess. In a very large saute pan, heat 2 tablespoons of the butter over high heat until sizzling and add the scallops in 1 layer. Lower the heat to medium, and allow the scallops to brown lightly on 1 side without moving them, then turn and brown lightly on the other side. This should take 3-4 minutes, total. Melt the rest of the butter in the pan with the scallops, then add the shallots, garlic, and parsley, and saute for 2 more minutes, tossing the seasonings with the scallops. Add the wine, cook for 1 minute, and taste for seasoning. Serve hot with a squeeze of lemon juice.


Picture of Scallops Provencal Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment