Wednesday, August 17, 2011

What's for Dinner

Last week while I was watching my two favorite little boys I needed an easy quick but yummy dinner. I found this Chicken Tostadas recipe and tweaked it a bit. Last night I needed a fast recipe and went back to this yummy now staple.

Ingredients:
Jar of your favorite salsa
Can of Corn
cilantro
1lb of Chicken
Monterey Jack Cheese
Red onion
corn tortillas
salt, pepper, chili powder, and cumin (chili powder and cumin are optional)
Avocado optional

Directions:
Season chicken and cook in skillet while cutting up in small pieces. Add onion and corn to cook with chicken. Add cilantro and salsa to mixture. While the mixture is cooking broil your corn tortillas 1-2 mins on each side. Top tortilla with mixture and then finally top with desired amount of cheese. Place under broiler until cheese is melted, approximately 1 minute. Then eat! (I think tonight we'll have a side of rice to finish it off.)



2 comments: