Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Food Galore

Sorry for the lack of the post yesterday. I was a bit preoccupied by leaving my phone in the cab. Yes, it was one of those days. So I was planning on going through with pictures all the yummy places we ate at this weekend etc but atlas, no phone means no pictures. Lost them all! Sorry to all who emailed me about dinners. I promise I took a ton of pics from the meals we had but now I have no proof. The weekend along with all the food was fabulous! It was the first real Spring-like weather weekend we've had yet. Hubs' parents stayed up on the Upper Eastside by the park in a hotel called, The Surrey. It was small and very chic. Which means we started the weekend off in the lounge with a dirty martini. Then we found ourselves towards Midtown/Times Square area at Bobby Flay's restaurant, Bar Americain. The food was great! (Thanks for those suggestions, DP.) It was a huge place and would be great when people come in town and are going to a play or after a long day of 5th Ave shopping. Then we made our way downtown to the West Village for some jazz at Cornelia Street Cafe. The jazz took place downstairs which made it very intimate and cozy due to how tiny it was down there. Again, I would highly suggest this place, especially since the cover was less than most of the other places around the city. By then we called it a night.
We met up the next morning up by the park and walked our little hearts out until late afternoon when we stumbled upon Boat Basin, a place I've been hearing about and been wanting to try. It's on the Upper West Side on the Hudson river right next to Riverside Park. We enjoyed sitting outside (finally), watched the boats, saw all the active bikers, and even ran into some friends we hadn't seen in over 4 years. It was a great way to end the "day." The it was of course time to begin the evening. We went to Mr Chow down in Tribeca. Now this is only a few blocks from our apartment but a totally different scene than we're used to down here. We felt more like we were in the Meatpacking district watching models in fur than in our quiet little hood. The food was quite tasty though and it was definitely fun to watch the "scene." Hubs' b-day is coming up so we decided to celebrate with a drink and dessert at the Brandy Library. Again, another place I would highly recommend. It's almost an old fashion Madmen type of place. The drink menu is around 35 pages long. I took a pic but you'll never know. Then finally to end the eating escapades we had a delicious brunch at SaraBeth's on Central Park South. Everything I saw looked amazing, not to mention my dish was amazing! I now and having trouble fitting into my clothes but it was all totally worth it! I can't wait to go back to some of these places. And in a few weeks we'll be doing it again with Hubs' side of the family down on the West coast of Florida!! I can't wait!





4 comments:

  1. Reading this post makes me want to hop on a plane right now to NYC and get to eating!! If you enjoyed Boat Basin, you should check out Frying Pan at Pier 66...great atmosphere for drinks on a beautiful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you should come and bring little Lillian!!! I'll definitely be checking the Frying Pan out! Thanks girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your phone!! Maybe it will appear...We had so much fun this past weekend...even wearing our most comfortable shoes our feet might still be a little sore...but oh was it worth it!! The weather co-operated and Central Park was vibrant with people and Spring!! Thanks for hosting our gastronomical extravaganza. We should have had donuts at some point...but will save them for Next Time. Can't wait to come back! We miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We miss yall, too!!! Doughnuts next time! I hope the feet feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete