Thursday, April 22, 2010

Ahhh Gooey

Things around here are definitely winding down. There's a different attitude now than the past 2 years. The guys have jobs and therefore are skipping class to play golf, etc. I have been busy making jewelry for the next couple of months for when we're in limbo and homeless. However, I've somehow caught the relaxed bug as well so I've been working much slower than normal. We're also selling almost every piece of furniture we own on Craigslist. Besides that we have been having lots of get-togethers which means lots of FOOD! So here is another recipe for you...

This one is Monkey Bread - the easiest thing ever! I used to make this for work all the time and Hubby always hoped there was some left over. All you need is 3 cans of grand biscuits, cinnamon, sugar, brown sugar, and 1/2 cup of butter.

Quarter your biscuits like so... (I accidentally got some of the buttered biscuits)

mix together the cinnamon and sugar to your liking (I don't measure but I like a lot of cinnamon!)
As you go along place the pieces in a bundt pan and stack
Melt your butter and mix with about a cup of brown sugar and pour over your pieces. Place in oven preheated to 375 for around 45 or so minutes. Take it out and flip!
You'll have an ooey gooey delicious mess!
Our weekend begins later today! We have a wedding and Hubby is running in the Nashville 1/2 marathon! So proud of him.

Thankful:
for planes to make an 8 hour drive into 1.5 hrs.

4 comments:

  1. oh.my.goodness. this looks like the most delicious thing ever!! and i love how easy this recipe is :)
    have a great weekend in nashville, and good luck to your hubby on the race. i ran that race 2 years ago and absolutely LOVED it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Mom used to make monkey bread when I was little!! I haven't thought about it in forever. Wow, sometimes the funniest things can really take you back...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE monkey bread! I made it for Danny's work colleagues [when they came to our place for a meeting] and you would think that I gave them each a steak and lobster dinner and a bar of gold! Such an easy, great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I love it!! You really just can't go wrong with bread, sugar and butter. :) I'll let you know how the race goes...

    ReplyDelete