Monday, February 1, 2010

Snow Days

I felt like a little 5 year old little girl this weekend. Why you ask. Because it SNOWED!!! I know, I know, some of you are are reading this and thinking, "why would she be excited about snow?" Well, because this girl grew up in Florida. Seeing snow to Floridians is like seeing a beach to Minnesotans. So you see, I was praying that it would actually snow..and it sure did! Around 6 inches (I think.) As soon as we ate some breakfast, hubby and I pulled on the warmest clothes that our southern closets could find and began the glorious winter walk outside. We started by throwing snowballs at our friends windows, then watched little kids sled down the big hill with their parents and ended by writing on another friends car windshield in the snow. However, the day wasn't over! Since southern roads can't really handle the snow, we weren't driving anywhere. So a couple of us decided to have a home-made spa day (sans the guys.) We painted our nails, watched a chick-flick, colored some hair, and ate lots of treats! To finish the most perfect day off, all of us who live in the apartment complex got together for a homemade dinner and a movie. Needless to say, I went to bed a very happy girl!
Can you see the kids in the background sledding?
Hubs looking out to the covered road
How deep it was when we started the winter walk
The pretty street
Wonderful spa day!
Same day, just taken 9 hrs. south in sunny Florida (short sleeves and no socks.) Yes, this is our adorable nephew and awesome bro-in-law walking to breakfast.

6 comments:

  1. It sounds like such a fun weekend!!!It also looks beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun!! Can't wait to see yall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rebecca-

    My name is Katie Swegle and I am a classmate of Ben's. I was discussing my social media internship (working for a fabulous eco-friendly apparel company, Mayu, www.shopmayu.com) with him and he mentioned your company. Your website is absolutley beautiful. And your jewlery and photographs are gorgeous. You seem to be enjoying yourself here in Chapel Hill. Best of luck this year and I will keep your jewlerly in mind in the future;)

    Best,

    Katie

    Marketing Intern, Mayu
    www.shopmayu.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. New snow is so beautiful. Old snow is so dirty. We are in that really ugly slushy stage in Nashvegas right now. But being the positve person I am, I loved the weekend too! Cozy fire, good food and lots of laughs!! I'm so glad y'all had friends to share the weekend with. love, salmom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie, Ben came home and told me all about you today, too! I'm going to check out your site... thanks for contacting me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha I'm glad yall had fun this weekend, too! It's actually suppose to snow again tomorrow! Hooray

    ReplyDelete