Thursday, September 1, 2011

Light and Fresh

I've had a lot of time on my hands since last Thursday when Hubs left and Irene came. (Hubs finally was able to make it back to the city yesterday) So during the stormy weekend I decided to make up a "light" recipe since it was just for my liking. It is quite Summery and fresh. Whole Foods was having a sale on wild bay scallops so I picked up 1/2 a pound. I also picked up a tomato at the farmer market earlier that day. Then I already had spinach, linguine, and garlic at home. I combined all those ingredients plus some seasonings and got this pretty little dish...

Here is how it really goes:

Take above ingredients plus olive oil (you can add some butter as well) salt, pepper, and basil. Saute minced garlic in oil/butter in a skillet while cooking pasta. Wash and dry scallops and season generously. Add scallops and tomato to the garlic and cook on both sides approximately 2-3 minutes each. Let simmer for about 8-10 mins. Now add the spinach to the pasta and pour sauce over so the spinach wilts. Again, this is a light meal!!

1 comment: