Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Short but Sweet Weekend

Yesterday was a blur. I was out running all over the place trying to get everything done before the bitter cold crazy winter weather that comes today. (Although it was snowing last night) I can't believe that I only took one pic this past weekend. And that one lonely pic was on my phone. Not even a real camera. I guess that means that we were having too much fun to worry about cameras! Friday night Sis, Bro-in-law, Hubs and I went to dinner at a very neighborhoody place with mostly locals. It still seems weird that we're locals. I wonder when that feeling will fade. We then went to see The Tourists. Now I'm no movie critic but I would give this one a thumbs down. Sis and Bro-in-law fell asleep in the row behind us and Hubs literally went home after the 1st 20 minutes of the movie. However, I can't completely blame Hubs' leaving on the movie - he has been working like a mad man the past month in a half. I mean serious hours. He didn't get home until 4AM on Thursday/Friday morning. So I guess Johnny and Angelina, yall are off the hook. The next day we ventured over to Park Slope, Brooklyn. It was great weather to go in and out of all the lovely little independent shops and of course try out some yummy restaurants. Hubs and I contemplated what it would be like to live on the other quaint side of the river. And we decided it might just be nice! While Sis and B-i-L went to see the Rockettes, Hubs and I had the 1st night to ourselves (without any pending work) in well over a month and watched Its a Wonderful Life...and Hubs fell asleep. Our weekend was cut short since the crazy weather came and cancelled all flights after 9AM. So we said goodbye to Sis and B-i-L. It was a great but super short weekend! I hope yall had a wonderful weather filled weekend as well!


2 comments:

  1. Loved the update on your weekend almost as much as I loved yalls hats!!!! Sorry your hubs is so busy! Enjoy the cold wintery weather we sent you from the south!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha aren't the hats funny? The snow is so pretty right now. Its all over the rooftops but none on the roads...I guess they know how to do it up here.

    ReplyDelete