Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Summer Nights

The weather the past few days has been idyllic. A high in the low 80s. So we've been trying to take full advantage. Last night in true Summer fashion I decided to test out my skills at making Lobster Rolls. Now there is much controversy over how a true Lobster Roll recipe is made. For instance, is it served in a hot dog bun, white bread, or a hoagie roll? Do you add diced up celery or not? Add herbs? So if you're from the New England area and reading this I'm sorry if I botched the recipe. But I would love to hear how you make them! So after making the Lobster Rolls, we headed over across the West Side highway and had a little dinner picnic in the park next to the Hudson River. (this is also a very special treat since Hubs has been working until 1-3AM in the morning the past 3 weeks) Now this is what I call a great Summer night!!

After being cooked for around 8-10 minutes







This little gem came yesterday! Can't wait to peruse through the 700 pages...


2 comments:

  1. What a perfect late summer meal in the ideal location. Will run get my Sept. Vogue today. Fun fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! The food looks great and the view spectacular. Hope Ben gets some rest soon. Love, Rhonda

    ReplyDelete