Monday, March 19, 2012

Cabbage for You?

Did you all have a good weekend and St Patrick's Day? Since I completely forgot to wear green on Saturday I decided to make a "green" cabbage dish instead. I had never made anything with cabbage before and can honestly say that I wasn't exactly excited about this first go round. But I went for it and I'm glad I did. It was a cheap and easy meal, if nothing else. I got the recipe from my sister who made it with ham instead of polish sausage. Let me just say that I would have used ham if our grocery store carried normal things. However, this is why I always stock up on "normal" items whenever we go outside the city. But back to the cabbage. Here's all it takes -

Head of green cabbage roughly chopped
Bone-in ham or polish sausage
onion
2 or 3 potatoes
butter

Cute everything up. Saute the onion in butter. Add potatoes and sausage/ham and cover with water. Season with salt, pepper, etc. Add cabbage 15 minutes later. It will be done in another 15-20 minutes. Get all the good stuff with a slotted spoon and enjoy! (Leave some for the leprechaun)









No comments:

Post a Comment