Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy New Year!

Well I don't have a funny video today but I do have some fun and pretty pics of New York on New Years Eve. Hubby and my flights got cancelled due to the blizzard which meant that we got a few extra days with my parents and then made it back in time for a cozy little New Years Eve together in New York. It was by far one of the best New Years Eves I've had. We decided to go to The MET that day but when we got up there Central Park was so pretty with all the snow that we decided to walk around instead. There were so many families sledding and people walking around playing in the snow. After a while we finally went back to The MET and got lost in all the art and things I knew nothing about about but wished I did. As we were leaving I got the idea to make our way towards Times Square (or as close as we could get) just to see it and say we've done it. We walked across the Park which happened to be at sunset. It was even more gorgeous than before! So we got to 59th and saw the crowds, barricades, and cops and decided to go have a drink at the bar in Mandarin Oriental. After we reminisced over 2010 we got the courage to face the crowds. There were only 2 entrances opened and we actually made it through but we only got to 55th St until it was blocked off yet again. So therefore we took a pic and headed home. I honestly cannot imagine getting there at noon and standing until midnight. I think that would be my worst nightmare...but obviously millions of people love it. I do mean millions. So we finished the night off by ordering pizza. Seriously a perfect day and night!

I'm getting a snowball thrown at me







This crowd only gets thicker and this is 13 blocks from the ball

Happy New Year!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a great way to end 2010 and bring in 2011! It sounds like a wonderful New Year's Eve day and night!The pictures of Central Park are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete