Thursday, October 20, 2011

Dumplings

My friend, Carla made some delicious apple dumplings for bible study last night and they were so good that I asked her if I could share them. She said yes and I started snapping pictures while she worked. This might just become my next "go to" dessert for when guests come over. I wish we had a fireplace because I could just imagine sitting in front of the fire under a blanket while eating some yummy dumplings. Not sure why I these make me think about fireplaces but yall should give them a go - see what they make you think. :)

 Paula Dean would like this recipe since it uses some butter - but you're by the fire so who cares

 Getting ready to bake
 Golden delicious goodness
 We used more apples than the recipe calls for and the apples we picked which were not granny smith

3 comments:

  1. I have an apple dumpling recipe on the counter. We're having them at some point during Thanksgiving weekend. Loved the pics of the boys at Disney!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahoo! I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete