Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Finale

Well, it's finally here. It's official - we're moving out tomorrow morning. It's very hard for me to not be overly sentimental. However, I can say that I am very sad to be leaving North Carolina but am very excited to see what God has in store for Hubby and I in NYC. It's going to be a fun adventure!
North Carolina will always hold a very special place in my heart. In a way, I feel like I grew up here. I obviously became more independent in college but NC was where I learned how to live on my own and become a bit more responsible. I moved to Charlotte after graduating from Auburn not knowing anyone and it became the city where I met Hubby! There were multiple times when I tried to leave the wonderful young southern city but obviously God had different plans for me. I also met some of my greatest friends. When Hubby and I moved away to small town Chapel Hill, I was completely upset to leave the place that I grew to love but then after a few months living in this new town I too, grew to love it. I again met some of my greatest life-long friends and Hubby and I grew together in ways that never would have happened if we stayed in Charlotte. It again was an answer to prayer that I was unaware of at the time. We're now moving to NYC with some of our great friends we met here in this small town. (We also spent last night with them and had more fun than we though possible.)
So overall, we will miss North Carolina tremendously! NC - you have the best weather and seasons! It's one of the few places where you can live in one city and be 2 hours from the ocean as well as the gorgeous mountains. But of course, this is the first journey of our lives and it has to come to an end. However, the second journey is quickly approaching and its in the big city!! I can't wait to begin blogging from NYC - but you'll have to wait until July because the month of June Hubby and I are nomads traveling cross country. Our first stop - Nashville! See you back on Monday! Tomorrow we're moving and driving to the state of TN.

Goodbye NC - you'll be greatly missed!!!!!! Thank you for so many wonderfully fun memories!

1 comment:

  1. AW! Reading your blog makes me sentimental also! It is always hard to say good-bye to people and places that have a piece of your heart and to see a chapter of your life come to an end! But it is also exciting to see what God has for you both as you move to the Big Apple!The next big adventure begins!!Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete