Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Market Week

It's no surprise that NYC has some great markets around the city and the boroughs. My sister even gave me a book on all the different markets throughout the city last year for Christmas. Needless to say, I've been slowly making my way through them. So far, I have not been disappointed. And I was able to check another one off my list last Friday when a good friend had setup shop at the Dekalb Market over in Brooklyn. The market has taken old shipping containers and re-purposed them into pop-up shops. How cool is that?! So one of my friends is one of the owners of the toy company, Tegu and they had just begun their "truck tour" and started around Dekalb market.  If you haven't heard of Tegu then you should check it out since its a great toy for all ages, not just the little ones. (Ben has some Tegu blocks in his office.) And while my Tegu friends were talking to customers, I wandered around the market to check out the other vendors on site.  There was an etsy site, clothing, jewelry, furniture, candles, and basically anything else you could think of, including yummy looking food! I'm already looking forward to going back and if you're coming into town then you should check it out as well.


 Old shipping containers with fake men on the top!
Tegu's very own trunk with their cool car track
 All the wooden magnetic cars and blocks
 A passerby couldn't resist Tegu's car photo-op


No comments:

Post a Comment