Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Where to Brunch?

Did everyone have a nice Columbus Day? Hubs had the day off so we took advantage and drove to Warwick, NY and did a little apple pickin. But more on that later. We also had a wonderful brunch with friends on Saturday at The Dutch, in SoHo.  And a week ago we had another great brunch at Sarabeth's down in our hood, TriBeCa. I'm really not sure which one I enjoyed more. It was our first time going to The Dutch but we had been to Sarabeths multiple times. I do love Sarabeths and will probably go there more than any other brunch place around BUT The Dutch definitely gave it a run for its money. Especially when it came to presentation. They served the meals in All Clad pots. So obviously that has the cool factor. If it were closer to us  then I'm not sure who would win. We might just have to split them 50/50. 

Hubs contemplating what to get at Sarabeths with the new World Trade tower in the background

It was late so I went for more of lunch with the beet and portobello sandwich

Hubs on the other hand went with his usual - Chorizo and pepper frittata
Again, Hubs' order of sausage and fried eggs but this time at The Dutch

My order of yogurt and honey granola with figs.




3 comments:

  1. Getting ready to make breakfast...not quite any of the above...I could serve Tommy's eggs in the skillet...the yogurt and figs and granola look wonderful. Can't wait to see pics from apple picking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of this looks fantastic! I love the idea of serving food in All-Clad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I think you should serve his eggs in the skillet. That would be great!!

    ReplyDelete